Thursday, September 1, 2016

End of Summer Mix Tape


I got my driver's license the summer after high school graduation and was allowed to drive my parent's 1995 Pontiac. The car had a tape deck that I recorded countless mix tapes for. I have since upgraded to a 2005 Toyota with a CD player which we occasionally burn mixes for but I still look back fondly on mix tape cassettes. Trips to the beach, concerts, and late night diner outings interspersed with rummaging through a pile of tapes on the car floor to choose what to listen to. 


2016 Summer Mix Tape
  1. Best Kept Secret by Case/Lang/Viers
  2. I Don't Wanna Get Over You by The Magnetic Fields
  3. Heavy Metal Drummer by Wilco
  4. Floridada by Animal Collective
  5. Marry Me, Archie by Alvvays
  6. Instant Crush by Daft Punk ft. Julian Casablancas
  7. The Less I Know the Better by Tame Impala
  8. This Girl by The Punch Brothers
  9. Boyfriend by Best Coast
  10. East Coast Love by Grits and Grouper Soup
You can find an extended version of this playlist here on my Spotify account.


Outfit Details
Blouse: Rummage Sale find
Skirt: Thrifted, cassette patch from Tattooit
Shoes: Old

Linking with: On the Edge of the WeekA Good HuesdayWW LinkUpJeans and a Teacup, Bargain Bag Lady, The Blended Blog, Fashion Should Be Fun

1 comment:

  1. Such a cute top and you look like you are having a whole lot of fun :) I would love for you to stop by my fashion link up if you get a chance. http://sydneyfashionhunter.com/2016/08/bright-yellow-wool-coat.html

    ReplyDelete